Seems Dopod is going to take over the Philippine Windows Mobile market very soon. Just posted in the Dopod Asia website are positions for Product Manager, Customer Service Engineer & Retail/Channel Account Manager for the Philippines and other South East Asian Countries. I feel that, very soon, I would be singing "It’s raining Dopod 838 Pros!".
How did I find out about this? I used a feature on Windows Live Search where I could subscribe to RSS on each search query I want. Therefore, I could be immediately notified of new content once its detected by Live Search. I have the search query "dopod philippines" and subscribed on its RSS from Internet Explorer 7 RC1. I dont think Yahoo or Google has this.
Dopod International Corp. Ltd was founded in 2004 and has established a leading position in the smartphone/PDA phone industry within a short period of time. Leveraging on Microsoft’s Windows Mobile platform, Dopod handsets deliver maximum value to consumers by utilizing and leveraging on the strength and technical expertise of Microsoft and HTC. To cope with our expansion in South East Asia, we invite high caliber candidates to apply for the following positions:
Product Manager (one vacancy in each country: Malaysia, Thailand, Indonesia and Philippines)
- Coordinate mobile phone testing with major telecom operators in SEA
- Troubleshoot and feedback on any issues relating to technical testing of handsets.
- Responsible for SEA countries
- Familiar with telecom Local Type Approval (LTA) in SEA countries
- 1-2 years experience in IT product management a definite advantage
- Familiar with Windows Mobile platform and products
- Experience with operator setting / testing a definite plus
- Possess strong project management skills
- Minimum Diploma / Degree in engineering-related field
Customer Service Engineer (one vacancy in each country: Thailand, Indonesia and Philippines)
- Coordinate with service providers and distributors in maintaining a high level of customer satisfaction, maintain the cost effectiveness of spare parts and buffer stock planning and generating management reports.
- Supervise shop floor repair process, ensuring safety discipline and high standard of work.
- Communicate with product marketing, and call centre to highlight issues for better product quality and user satisfaction.
- At least 5 years experience in RMA, reverse logistics process in consumer electronics industry.
- Diploma / degree in electrical or electronics engineering preferred.
- Fluent in English and Mandarin
- Can work independently and travel to other SEA countries to support local operations.
- Diploma / Degree in EE or IE or engineering related field.
- Experience with WinCE or PPC platform is SIGNIFICANT advantage
- Software development and debugging skills
- Telecom operator testing experience is preferred
- Strong project management skills
- High analytical ability in order to research technical issues and generate creative/innovative solutions.
Retail / Channel Account Manager (one vacancy in each country: Thailand, Indonesia and Philippines)
- Account management of smart phone / PDA phone distributors. Planning/forecasting of order and implementation of sales/marketing plan.
- Managing and executing channel/retailer strategy.
- At least 3 year’s experience in well-known IT / telecoms company, channel management experience is a must.
- At least 1 year’s experience in supervisory position.
- Can work independently and travel to other SEA countries to support local market operations.
Aggressive, result-oriented and willing to take up the challenge of growing with a new company
Interested candidates are invited to send their detailed resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Source: Dopod International Corp.